About the Long Island Immigration Clinic
At the heart of the mission of the Long Island Immigration Clinic, is a commitment to be a welcoming presence to all undocumented immigrants who live on Long Island and are in need of our support and services.
This mission has a three prong focus:
- To assist these individuals in gaining legal status to remain in this country,
- To educate them in their legal rights,
- To guide each person in becoming successful advocates on their own behalf in court proceedings, as well as the broader immigration forum and the communities in which they live.
The Long Island Immigration Clinic pledges that we will uphold these values:
- To cherish the dignity of each person, sharing mutual respect, nonjudgment and compassionate support to one another– as immigrant friend, staff, volunteer, advisory board member, and all others we encounter in our work;
- To treat as sacred all information shared at the clinic with the utmost confidentiality;
- To foster and build community among all with whom we share our mission.